Automatic fire extinguishers are great to instantly suppress fire. However, there are certain things you should keep in mind when using them.
Every home should have a couple of extinguishers installed at home, one for the kitchen and one for the garage. To ensure you're using your automatic fire extinguisher appropriately, there are a few best practices to follow. Remember to check that it's not expired by date, that it's still in good working order and will be effective in the time of need.
Some Tips & Tricks for using Automatic Fire Extinguisher are given below:
- When using an Automatic Fire Extinguisher, determine the type of fire first before dispensing the agent.
- Make sure to install it within close proximity to your kitchen, so in case of a fire breakout, the extinguisher will immediately go off upon sensing a rise in temperature. In case it does not automatically burst, you can pick the extinguisher and throw it by aiming towards the fire. Also, when considering buying an automatic fire extinguisher, do checkout FireRid as they are the best automatic fire extinguisher suppliers.
- Before using the automatic extinguisher, remove all people from the area and move as far away from the fire as possible.
- When approaching a fire, be aware of smoke and other dangerous gases that may make it difficult to fight the fire. Wear protective clothing, such as goggles and gloves if possible.
- Be sure the Automatic Fire Extinguisher is directly aimed at the fire.
- Stand to the side or behind the fire to avoid being burned.
- Replace your automatic fire extinguisher if the glass ampule is leaking or in bad shape.
- Make sure you get an extinguisher like FireRid that comes with a 10 year warranty so you do not have to worry about constantly checking for the stability and reliability of the extinguisher. This extinguisher is also maintenance free, hence, you can be stress-free once you instal the FireRid automatic fire extinguisher on your premises.
So now you know how great automatic fire extinguishers are and how to keep them running smoothly! Keep these tips in mind and create awareness by teaching them to the people around you. Remember, prevention is better than cure, so always safeguard your loved ones and your precious property by instaling an automatic fire extinguisher, because calamities occur unannounced and can take away a lot from you. Stay safe and get an automatic fire extinguisher today!