Disasters can take place anywhere at any time without a warning. One of the most common disasters that occur at homes, commercials, and the majority of other premises is fire. It can take place due to numerous reasons.
House fires are often caused because of unattended cooking equipment, electrical equipment, candles, faulty wiring, flammable liquids, and smoking. Similarly, fires in commercial premises occur due to electrical and lighting equipment, smoking materials, heating equipment, and sometimes the fire can be intentional due to abuse of heat equipment.
Well, the reasons are many, so if you land yourself in a situation where a fire breaks out, what would you do? There are certain dos and don'ts for when a fire breaks out in your surroundings that you should know about. Besides, it is also important to make sure you revise the evacuation plan of your house or premises thoroughly.
In this simple guide, we walk you through the do’s and don’ts so you can stay safe and help others during a fire.
- Call for help as soon as you learn about the fire
- If there is smoke in the room stay low towards the floor
- Keep medical kits and equipment in an easily reachable place
- Do not panic, try to evacuate calmly if a fire alarm goes off
- If the doorknob is too hot to touch do not try to open it
- Test smoke alarms and maintain your fire extinguisher regularly
- Learn about the different fire extinguisher types and uses
- Don't leave cooking appliances, burning stove, candles, or incense sticks unattended
- Don't use elevators to leave the premises, only use stairs
- Don't spend time collecting your personal items or belongings
- Don't try to put off the fire if it is too large, just evacuate
- Don't enter the premises once it is evacuated
Fires can be fatal. It can take lives and cause severe damage to your belongings and property. It is important to have an automatic fire extinguisher installed on your premises to stay safe from such hazards. Automatic extinguishers work well to protect your loved ones and your property as they detect fire and put them off instantly.
FireRID is among the best automatic fire extinguisher suppliers that you can contact for getting an extinguisher installed. These extinguishers are easy to use and available in different types, so you can choose one that fits your premises and its surroundings. Remember to always stay safe and practice fire safety regularly!